Trainee Mortgage Underwriter
Permanent – Based in Solihull
£18,000 to £20,000 DOE + Competitive Benefits + Annual Bonus + CeMAP
If you have a keen interest in mortgages and ideally have worked in regulated environment with a desire to become a Mortgage Underwriter, this could be exactly what you are looking for! You will have the opportunity to work alongside mandated Underwriters to assist with duties whilst learning on the job and also working towards your CeMAP qualification. In return, you can expect a challenging and rewarding career with a forward thinking company where you will have the opportunity to progress your career with full support from the business.
You will assist Underwriters with the assessment of mortgage applications in order to facilitate the final decision on whether the loan should be offered or declined. This will involve analysing bank statements to calculate affordability, carrying out Know Your Customer (KYC) checks, collating documentation and communicating with customers and third parties to provide updates.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
– Experience of working within a regulated environment
– Knowledge of the mortgage lifecycle – desirable
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
– Well organised with strong attention to detail
– Good mathematical skills
– Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office applications
* Sociable working hours
* The position will be based in the centre of Solihull, 5 minutes walk from a fully operational Chiltern line station
* Easy access to the office via alternative public transport routes
Benefits and Rewards:
* 22 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
* Employee development – the opportunity to undertake internal and external training courses
* Recognition and reward – opportunity to win prizes throughout the year
* Employee discounts – for use with a range of local and national business
* Flexible holiday package – option to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday per year
* Pension and Sharesave
* Annual Profit Related Pay
Please note – successful candidates will be required to consent to a pre-employment check, including a credit check.
Do not miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Apply within for immediate consideration or contact Husna Chel at RZ Group Ltd with any questions.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.
Job Reference: KL/Req/038034_1552559718
Salary: £18000 - £20000.00 per annum + BENEFITS, ANNUAL BONUS + CEMAP
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: PERMANENT
Job Start Date: ASAP