An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Group Data Protection Officer to work for a Leading UK Financial Services organisation.
You will be responsible for:
- Monitoring compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection laws, such as the UK Data Protection Act 2018, data protection policies, including internal data protection activities, raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits.
- Providing advice and information on data protection obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws and the conduct of and monitoring of data protection impact assessments (DPIAs).
- Working with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or relevant supervisory authority.
- Prioritising focus on the more risky activities, e.g. where special category (sensitive) personal data is processed, or where the potential impact on individuals could be damaging.
- Lead contact for all data protection queries with regard to potential complaints and breaches, ensuring that data subject rights requests are properly handled.
- Acting as a contact point for the ICO or relevant supervisory authority on all data protection issues, including data breach reporting.
Candidates need to have the following skills and experience:
- Financial Services experience ideally in Insurance or Investment Banking or Asset Management Firms.
- Experience in handling data subject rights requests.
- An understanding of how to build, implement and manage data protection programmes for Insurance Brokers or Underwriters.
- Knowledge of UK and European data protection law and an in-depth knowledge of the GDPR.
- An understanding of technical and organisational measures that should be in place to ensure the security of personal data and familiar with information technologies and data security.
- Experience in auditing and risk management.
- Compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), UK Data Protection Act 2018 requirements, other UK data protection / privacy related legislation (such as the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations) and ICO guidance related to the tasks of a DPO.
- Qualified as a Certified DPO or Certified GDPR Practitioner.
If you are interested in the position or would like further information, please contact Siobhan O’Halloran on 01204 699008.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.
Job Reference: OUK/SOH/030910_1570727941
Salary: £70000 - £100000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP