Role: SAP Engineer
Salary: up to £79,000 + benefits, depending on experience
Our client, a large financial services client based in Edinburgh are currently recruiting for a SAP Engineer to join the team. They are d SAP Software Engineer Lead with experience of developing within at least one of the following technologies SAP BFC, SAP BW, SAP BI/BO or SAP HANA and leading small engineering teams.
* Accountable for the overall technical design and development of all deliverables in line with Architecture Guidance.
* Provide leadership and liaise with technology peers (Architecture, Product , Dev Ops etc) to provide an efficient and effective delivery of software solutions to meet business goals.
* Design and build complex technology solutions in the required SAP technologies using best in class libraries and design principles
* Assist in design, estimation, planning and implementation of customer user stories requiring IT development
* Design and build software development frameworks following best practices for SAP based deliveries
* Stay abreast of emerging technologies including Dev Ops tooling and promote knowledge sharing
* Mentor, coach and help develop more junior members of the team
* Sets the strategic direction for how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
* Works with stakeholders to deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
* Ensures industry best practices are understood by Engineering Community and related business functions.
* Accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated and embedded across wider Engineering Community.
* Fosters knowledge sharing across the engineering community to provide solutions for complex business problems where no solution exists.
* Facilitates implementation of complex business problem solutions within Chapters where appropriate.
* Coach Engineering colleagues to ensure the appropriate development is in place.
* Strong technical SAP knowledge, ideally gained recently in a lead or team management level role
* Experience of at least one of SAP BFC, SAP BW, SAP BO/BI, SAP FIM, SAP ICS, SAP HANA, ABAP, Cube Designer
* Experience of coaching colleagues
* Experience of DSDM, Agile, Scrum, Devops
* Financial and regulatory reporting experience would be desirable, but not essential
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.
Job Reference: DB/Req/037807_1547823674
Salary: £58500.00 - £79000.00 per annum + benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: 15/02/2019 14:26:05