Procurement Category Manager – Inside IR35
Based in Exeter a Procurement Category Manager is required on a contract basis to work for a leading public sector organisation.
You will be reporting to the Senior Category Manager, and be responsible for the development of category strategies and end to end sourcing of a range of requirements within specialist categories. You will also be expected to be an expert in the supply and commercial aspects of their category. Responsible for the key supplier relationships and cost savings in their categories, this role is the key interface with the internal stakeholder and other stakeholders within the wider BEIS and Government community.
Candidates need to have the following experience:
- MCIPS Qualified
- Relevant Procurement experience at leading a strategic category
- The ability to provide strategic advice and guidance, understanding risk appetites and application of the relevant laws.
- Adaptable to change in line with new emerging business drivers and government requirements.
- Ability to think laterally, challenge traditional patterns of service delivery and develop new approaches.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience, specifically negotiating contracts with a wide range of suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating proven ability to build trust and influence with across the organisation and with suppliers.
- The ability to demonstrate drive and personal effectiveness.
- Proven and demonstrable procurement experience within a similar organisational context.
- Proven ability to focus on value for stakeholders.
- Strong leadership I management skills (eg setting vision, planning, prioritising, making decisions).
Please note this role is inside IR35 and candidates will not be able to work through a Limited Company.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don’t hesitate to click apply or call Siobhan O’Halloran on 01204 699008 for more information
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment business in regard to this advert.
Job Reference: SOH/Req/038375_1565616029
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 12 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP