Open Standards Lead
Contract length: 6 month
Rate: up to £500 (Outside IR35)
Location: Central London
A significant Government Body is looking for an Open Standards Lead on a contract basis for their Central London Office. This is initially a 6 month contract with opportunities for extension.
* On a monthly basis review and work on standards to be presented to the Open Standards Board, taking the Board’s steer on prioritisation.
* Promote the use of Open Standards in accordance with the Open Standards Principles, by engaging with Central and non-Ministerial Departments, as well as public sector bodies, and giving presentations on the virtues of Open Standards.
* On a monthly basis help to build and facilitate an Open Standards Community of Practice across central government.
* Work alongside product and department leadership to integrate open source goals with GDS and cross government departments. Including showing how Open Source practices can shape the way that we work.
* Ensure that the right tools and public fora is available in order to help enable GDS and Cross government teams to release their code and share it with others.
* Work with open standard organisations on a monthly basis contributing to the good management and sustainable ability of the standard.
Apply within for immediate consideration.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment business in regard to this advert.
Job Reference: KH/Req/038048_1552580222
Salary: Up to £500 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date: 11/04/2019 16:01:46