Role: Enterprise Risk Management Officer
Salary: £25k-£45k + benefits
The role involves the coordination and day to day activity to support the Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework (EWRMF) in the London Branch of a large global banking client. A successful candidate will support the Risk Management Senior Manager to help implement an effective and comprehensive EWRMF in the branch, that ensure the branch identifies, assesses, manages and reports its risks appropriately. It offers the opportunity to understand and engage with all areas of the branch’s business and contribute towards developing the branch’s controls and risk management at a time of regulatory change.
The role holder will also play a key role in supporting the risk area and the Branch Senior Managers in meeting their responsibilities under the Senior Managers Regime, and in preparing the branch to be a third country branch after Brexit.
The role holder will ensure that the key components of the EWRMF, including the risk and control register, the risk management committee, the implementation and tracking of risk actions, and the performance of risk oversight activities are accurate, comprehensive and effective. This will include working with colleagues across the branch, and in Group, across a diverse range of topics.
Responsibilities and duties
The role holder will:
* Support the development and embedding of the EWRMF in the branch, including completing the risk and control register, and creating artefacts such as MI and key metrics, with input from the branch and Group colleagues
* Take day to day ownership of the risk and control register for the branch, tracking updates and actions from the risk and control owners
* Coordinate the rolling risk management committees from the administrative perspective, drafting, sending and following up on agendas, collating the documents and the MI for the meetings, engaging the contributors and taking minutes of the committee, which will have an initial frequency of once a month
* Engage with the MI and other materials to identify key points for discussion or areas, in collaboration with the senior manager
* Track risk oversight activities against the risk oversight plan, and support the planning and carrying out of risk oversight reviews and actions in the branch
* Work closely with Group and branch colleagues to collate information on risks and risk‐related activity, and to help oversee prompt completion of relevant risk related actions
* Ensure that all output material is of a high standard as it will be shared at times with the regulator, and regularly with senior stakeholders at group in Spain
* Work collaboratively with others, and model the corporate values of the Group in their day‐to‐day role
The candidate should:
* Have experience or understanding of risk management gained within a regulated large financial services environment.
* Be familiar with the business of the branch or able to learn quickly. Be able to understand both the commercial aspects of the business, and the risks that arise from the activities in the branch
* Be familiar with risk management concepts and UK regulatory requirements, or able to demonstrate the capacity to learn in the role. Training will be provided.
* Be detail orientated and able to produce accurate and high quality materials, engaging with unfamiliar concepts to the level of detail that is required for the specific task
* Be able to organise time well
* Be able to work independently where required to produce the necessary outputs, and also able to seek input and support where necessary
* Be equipped with medium to advanced Office skills
* Be able to undertake degree of strategic planning, and to understand and support the strategic aims of branch management with regard to risk management
* Have strong interpersonal skills including the ability to probe and challenge others in a constructive manner, as the position will interact with a wide range of profiles and skills within the organisation
* Have a proficient level of English. Spoken Spanish is desirable
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.
Job Reference: DB/Req/037912_1549993742
Salary: £25000 - £45000 per annum + benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: 12/03/2019 17:45:52