Role: Data Test Engineer
Salary: up to £45,000 + excellent benefits
Our client, a large multimedia provider, are currently recruiting for a Data Test Engineer to work within Data Technology & Analytics, which brings together data from multiple sources across the business, creating analytical products and capabilities. You will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment surrounded by a high performing team.
As a member of the Test Team you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of new and evolving ETL functionality to satisfy our diverse business needs.
Representing the test function, you will:
– Take ownership of defining the test approach, scope and coverage, being responsible for successful completion of testing within agreed timescales. This will include analysing, defining, estimating, planning and executing testing as appropriate.
– Liaise with the wider team of testers, developers and technical analysts, to ensure effective coordination of in flight and upcoming projects.
– Produce test documentation to define test approach, scope, scenario coverage and expected results.
– Provide informed test estimates, including dependencies, risks and assumptions.
– Ensure consideration is given to the use of automated and manual test approaches.
– Ensure test data exists to cover test requirements. Where appropriate identify or generate test data via business applications or SQL scripting.
– Execute test scripts and accurately record test evidence.
– Ensure that any defects are accurately recorded, tracked, resolved and retested.
– Conduct peer reviews of test approach and evidence, to secure project sign off by technical and business stakeholders.
– Understand and adhere to corporate, regulatory and legislative requirements (i.e. Data Governance, Data Protection)
– Must have a minimum 2yrs testing experience.
– Must have experience of testing database/data warehouse ETL.
– Must have good SQL scripting/interrogation skills.
– Must have experience of Netezza, Oracle or SQL Server.
– Ideally have experience working within Agile Projects, using Agile methodology and tools.
– Ideally have ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Software Testing qualification.
– Experience of Sybase is desirable but not essential.
– Experience of UNIX/LINUX OS is desirable but not essential.
– Experience of Control-M is desirable but not essential.
– Working understanding of AbInitio ETL is desirable but not essential.
– Practical understanding of large scale data, such as data warehousing or cloud based analytic solutions. Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services) or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) would be beneficial
– A basic understanding of data modelling concepts within a data warehouse environment
– Knowledge of Cloud products and services, such as Google Cloud SQL, BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Compute Engine, Dataflow, Dataproc, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Functions, Data Lake Storage, Data Factory, Databricks, Amazon Athena, EMR, Redshift, Lambda, S3, SageMaker would be beneficial
– Strong problem solving skills
– Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to independently report on progress, identifying and flagging impediments immediately
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.
Job Reference: DB/Req/038388_1566923468
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: 24/09/2019 17:20:23