Data Protection Specialist – Banking
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Data Protection Specialist (Permanent) to work for a UK based banking client in Solihull.
Salary up to 23,000 but my client is willing to pay more depending upon relevant skills and experience.
This opportunity provides an excellent overall package which includes:
- Annual Profit Related Pay Bonus
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Pension Contribution scheme
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (option to buy/sell 5 holidays per year) etc.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing basic advice, conducting oversight reviews across all lines of our business, regulatory and legislative development updates and training.
This role sits within the Group Data Protection team, as part of the second line of defence. You’ll be working closely with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Data Protection Office Team Leader to embed the Group’s Data Protection framework and approach for effective data protection management.
This full-time role would suit someone with good analytical skills and confidence to challenge business areas on their processes. Someone that can digest and apply complex regulatory papers would be ideal. This is a unique role in which the right candidate can mould the position to suit their strengths and make it their own.
- Monitoring business areas for assurance of their compliance with data protection legislation
- Provide timely updates to the business areas on any regulatory developments
- Assist in ad hoc projects where data protection / privacy is involved
- Provide basic advice to all business areas on data protection / privacy queries
- Ensure adequate training is provided to all areas and ensure relevant and timely reports are made to relevant committees on a regular basis
- Good analytical skills
- Able to read, understand and apply complex information
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and to be able to articulate in a professional manner to all staff levels
- IT literate with good Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills and the confidence to learn new business software applications as required
- Highly self-motivated and keen attention to detail
- A problem solver and someone willing to see queries through to conclusion
- Grade C or above GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Previous experience in a monitoring or quality assurance role would be advantageous
If you would like to be considered for this role please don’t hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.
Job Reference: SL/Req/037398_1549904656
Salary: £20000 - £25000 per annum + excellent benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP