Credit Modelling Analyst
Salary: £45-65k depending on experience
Our client, a large financial services company, has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but they are about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking.
Looking to build upon existing talent within their senior and specialist roles, they are creating a culture of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
They now have an exciting opportunity to join their Commercial Credit Risk team as a Credit Modelling Analyst.
In this role you will be responsible for undertaking varied analysis across credit risk portfolios to help colleagues and stakeholders understand how those portfolios perform and how we might grow our business safely within risk appetite.
Furthermore you will be responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining risk models, namely PD, EAD, LGD and Macroeconomic, for all lending products used to inform Credit Risk.
* Use in-depth knowledge of data, systems, processes and products to develop a range of analytical approaches to understand credit risk portfolio performance and explain trends
* Develop and promote strategies and policy rules that improve our new business acquisition strategies and processes, and customer management outcomes
* Collaborate positively and constructively with a broad group of stakeholders to bring credit risk expertise and insight to consult on a range of initiatives and business issues that are deemed consistent with our business objectives
* Ensuring that any internal/external dependencies for implementation of changes we promote are understood, factored in to plans and communicated effectively to stakeholders
Required skills/ experience
* Proficiency in data extraction and manipulation using SAS programming and MS Excel
* Experience within a credit risk function or similar analytical function in financial services
* Experience with SAS or other statistical package
* Strong numeracy and problem solving skills
* Strong knowledge of credit risk processes and systems
* Professional demeanour and an ability to negotiate effectively with stakeholders
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* High degree of time management and initiative
You will become part of a high performance culture and join the team that are focused on delivering the best outcome for our customers.
If this is of interest, please apply now for immediate consideration. Please note candidates without the minimum required skillset cannot be considered.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.
Job Reference: DB/Req/038319_1562941722
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: 09/08/2019 15:22:36