Application Support Engineer (ISP)
Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Circa £60,000 + excellent benefits
RZ Group has a requirement for an experienced App Support professional to work on software and system engineering to diagnose, recover and build distributed, fault tolerant systems.
Joining an existing team, you’ll be expected to provide a comprehensive analysis on production issues, recover services and implement short term mitigation. You also provide application support for high availability, resilient and low latency applications surrounding Voice and Mobile for sites across Europe.
- Maintain and extend the CI/CD pipeline used for application deployment
- Write and maintain documentation about the applications and services
- Provide 3rd / 4th line support
- Develop, maintain and enhance automaton tools for service deployment, patching and security
- Provide application support for ISP services to end user
- Use tact and diplomacy to help analyse and prioritise competing requirements
- Participate in regular meetings with technical teams – developers, etc.
- Document and write production incidents
- Strong troubleshooting of applications and systems background
- Experience of Open Source applications such as Nginx, BIND, or Unbound
- Experience of ISP services – NTP, Radius and DNS
- Knowledge of Automation tools
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Understanding of coding / scripting (Shell, Python, Perl, C, or Go)
- Strong knowledge of Linux OS
- Experience working with Cloud platforms
This is an excellent opportunity for some to really advance in their career, taking ownership of their own seat and embracing new challenges as the business grows.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.
Job Reference: KM/Req/037749_1547051178
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 06/02/2019 16:09:39